Hello, readers. It’s Carrin, here with this month’s recipe challenge. For me, June tends to be a busy month full of end-of-school activities. My children have been finished with school for almost a week now and today is my students’ last day for the school year (high school graduation is tomorrow!). I’m really itching to spend the next two months with my trio and can’t wait to be outdoors enjoying the warm, lazy days and the cool, sweet evenings of summer!
School’s Out Recipe Challenge
Recipe Challenge Instructions:
1. Use ALL of the items on the list.
2. Use any Trixie Scraps kit/collection you wish.
3. Come back and share a link to your layout so we know you played along.
1. 1 or 2 background papers
2. An odd number of layers of paper strips (can be used to form a photo mat); place the grouping anywhere on your page.
3. 1 or 2 framed photos (can be an actual frame or a simple stroke)
4. Since we’re ending the 2016 school year, choose 16 embellishments (buttons, flowers, brads, flairs, etc.) and tuck them in/around your paper strips and photo(s)
5. Add in some foliage and ribbons or strings
6. Now for the journaling. Let’s make it a list. It could be a summer bucket list or a “What I learned in __ grade” list or any list you choose!
7. Don’t forget those shadows!
Need some inspiration?
Here’s my take on the recipe. I used Trixie’s New Kid in Class collection. I chose to highlight my youngest daughter as this year was her first school experience. I asked her some questions about her year in preschool and these were her answers…so cute!