Welcome to another Challenge Thursday here on the blog! I have the privilege of providing you with this month’s scrapbook recipe challenge. If you’re anything like me in the kitchen, you tend to look for inspiration anywhere you can find it (um, my name is Carrin and I am a Pinterest addict). Most of my meals end up as a hodge podge of different recipes or ideas. I hardly ever make the same thing twice because, frankly, I can’t remember which parts I stole from which recipe! I often find myself doing the same thing with my scrapbooking. I will look around for layouts that really catch my eye, put my own little twist on them and voila! I’ve got a page that I love! This month’s recipe is asking you to do just that. Take a pinch of one page, a dash of another and add in your special ingredients to create something magical! Ready? Here we go!
1. You need to pick 2 layouts. I searched around on the Trixie Scraps Gallery and found two that immediately jumped out at me. Select something from each to replicate in your layout. For my recipe, I chose to focus on the photo strip idea from Jennifer’s layout and the large photo from Stacey’s page.
2. Select your photos. The number of photos you use may be dictated by the parts you select from the two layouts. If not, pick at least three photos. At least one photo needs to get some kind of treatment – black and white, sepia…you decide!
3. Then you need to pick 5 or more elements. In addition to those 5, you need one ribbon, one scallop and a fastener of some type (button/tape/etc).
4. Place one photo on top of a mat (any placement you like – center, edge, etc), also place the ribbon and scallop on one side of the mat.
5. Place your elements anywhere you’d like. Remember that the number is only a guideline. If you like an element-heavy page, go ahead and use more, just not any less than 5.
6. Add a title using two fonts, or two alphas. (Or one font and one alpha)
7. Add shadows and journaling and finish your page up!
Just like my dinner recipes usually go, I grabbed bits and pieces from a bunch of Trixie Scraps kits. Here’s my list:
- If the Slipper Fits Kit, Glitter pack and Embossed Cardstock
- Photo Stripping Vol 1 Templates
- Got Glasses Kit and Ombre Alpha
Go ahead and play along! If you do, leave your pages in the challenge gallery so we can leave you some love. Happy Scrapping!